Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Wolf on TV

I love watching CNN political coverage on election night for a few things:

  • Bill Bennett's slavering eagerness to push Obama to the lead of the nominee battle is a good reminder of what "uniting the country" would mean under his candidacy.
  • Although there's no Keith Olbermann, there's no Joe Scarborough either.
  • I would trust Anderson Cooper to make a bank deposit for me.
  • It's fun watching Donna Brazile try to balance her loyalties.
  • But most of all, it's great to watch Wolf Blitzer. He gets short of breath and starts speaking quickly. When the polls close, he kind of shudders a little bit for reasons I don't think I want to understand. I get the feeling that when the coverage goes off-air, Wolf lays down on a couch somewhere and says "ooh, that felt gooooood...."

No comments: