Thursday, May 14, 2009

Oops

The previous post was a provisional one that I did not mean to publish today, and only if needed.

I appreciate everyone who has contacted me on the platform issue, but I'm not sure things have come to the point where it beneficial to take all the steps listed therein. Where things stand right now, I can see three options, and a decision will need to be made soon on which to pursue:

  • Suck it up, and allow the Forces That Be to replace our progressive platform with an anemic set of bromides befitting a timid red-state Democratic Party.
  • Push for a "no" vote on the entire draft platform, resulting in the continuance of the current (and much better) option.
  • Develop a short series of amendments to turn this draft platform into something palatable -- maybe one each on education, health care, labor, and revenue.


They all have upsides and downsides worth examining, and I'm open to ideas and feedback.

No comments: