Sunday, September 21, 2008

Worth repeating: "beat the crap out of them"

With Democrats under Rep. Pelosi being kinda, nervously against Paulson's "give me $700 billion now, ask questions later" plan, it seems that the Republicans won't completely get away with this. Actually, the proposal includes a provision that no court of law can force the administration to answer questions about how they spend the money. So it's just the "give me $700 billion now" plan.

Anyway, in this letter apparently from an unnamed Democratic Congressperson, we see that at least somebody on Capitol Hill has a good handle on the situation:

Paulsen and congressional Republicans, or the few that will actually vote for this (most will be unwilling to take responsibility for the consequences of their policies), have said that there can't be any "add ons," or addition provisions. F--k that. I don't really want to trigger a world wide depression (that's not hyperbole, that's a distinct possibility), but I'm not voting for a blank check for $700 billion for those mother f--kers.

[...]

I also find myself drawn to provisions that would serve no useful purpose except to insult the industry, like requiring the CEOs, CFOs and the chair of the board of any entity that sells mortgage related securities to the Treasury Department to certify that they have completed an approved course in credit counseling.

[...]

I am looking for volunteers who want to hold the sons of bitches so I can beat the crap out of them.
While I wish this person could spell the name of the Treasury Secretary correctly, I'm glad to see that s/he is calling it the right way. Go read the whole thing. Nice to see someone standing up to Bush's brand of Communism.

PS: These days, giggles are scarce. But I find this funny:

No comments: