Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Unity in words

I want you to ask yourselves: Were you in this campaign just for me? Or were you in it for that young Marine and others like him? Were you in it for that mom struggling with cancer while raising her kids? Were you in it for that boy and his mom surviving on the minimum wage? Were you in it for all the people in this country who feel invisible?

[...]
Those are the reasons I ran for President. Those are the reasons I support Barack Obama. And those are the reasons you should too.


PS: My lady Debbie Wasserman Schultz seconded Obama's nomination today. She brought up the Israel question, privacy rights, education, women's rights...all the things I could have wanted. Did a good job, too. Interesting choice: Obama's nominator/seconders consist of members of Congress, while Hillary's certainly don't. Meanwhile (sigh), another DailyKos front-pager whines about Congresswoman Schultz because she didn't mention the poster's pet candidate on a list at a speech recently. She can forget about ever getting a fair shake at Kos, just like Senator Clinton...reminiscent of the traditional media, that.

No comments: