Saturday, August 16, 2008

Geez I love this guy

There are two Democrats who've captivated me this cycle. At home, it's Ed O'Reilly, who shares my values on questions such as foreign intervention, education, and marriage equality. I've written about him extensively.

But my favorite candidate this year is my man, Anchorage Mayor Mark Begich. I was a huge fan, but after this email, I'm ready to start a club...

My son Jacob is six years old and like any parent his future is never far from my mind.

That's why yesterday I unveiled my plan to bring local control back to Alaska families and make sure that Jacob and all other young Alaskans are given the skills to compete in a global economy.

But I can't get the job done all alone and that's why I need your help.

Will you sign up as a citizen co-sponsor to my education plan?

Our children represent our state's most important resource and that's why I am putting forward an education plan which pays for better teachers, better schools, and a better future for our children.

The change we need starts with getting rid of No Child Left Behind, a bill that has been a disaster for Alaska. Alaska doesn't fit the cookie-cutter approach from Washington and it's time to return local control to our communities.

We must provide universal access to Pre-K, invest in high-quality curriculum material, make college affordable, and Native Alaskan educational opportunities at all levels.

These are just a few things that I lay out in my education policy.

Join me in bringing change to education in Alaska.

The future of our state and our country lies in the kind of education we give our children.

Help me ensure that Jacob and all Alaskan children have the top notch education they deserve by becoming a co-sponsor to my education plan and inviting your family and friends to do the same.

http://action.begich.com/educationplan

Thanks for your support,


He's marking education as a key issue, and he's got the right stand on it. The future of the party is bright.

No comments: