Monday, March 31, 2008

A Rorscach Blog

The Globe had a hand-twisting post about the blog Stuff White People Like, a listing of things that "White people" like. By White people, the authors clearly mean progressive, self-serious middle-class, suburban Caucasians. Frankly, the type of people who write and read blogs. (And I'm working my way through the blog, and haven't yet see blogging on the list...if it isn't there, it will be).

There's a lot of good stuff on it, and I urge you to check it out. I will include this excerpt, though:


#64 Recycling

Recycling is a part of a larger theme of stuff white people like: saving the earth without having to do that much.

Recycling is fantastic! You can still buy all the stuff you like (bottled water, beer, wine, organic iced tea, and cans of all varieties) and then when you’re done you just put it in a DIFFERENT bin than where you would throw your other garbage. And boom! Environment saved! Everyone feels great, it’s so easy!


It's a funny website. Go read, and allow yourself to enjoy.

PS: Adding to the wickedness of the site is the post on "Arts Degrees", illustrated by a photo of the Arts Building of my alma mater wherein I took many classes toward my own Arts degree.

No comments: